Our website address is: https://www.luxurily.travel.
Last updated: 4 May, 2020
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal data, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Policy.
What does Luxurily.Travel do?
Luxurily.Travel is a luxury travel-booking website. Our service enables adventurers to book global luxurious vacations.
What personal data does Luxurily.Travel collect and why?
The personal data that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Personal data that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our website may ask you to provide personal data voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us or to set up membership with us. We may ask you to provide your credit card information to facilitate a hotel booking and setup automatic induction to L.T membership. In limited circumstances, we may also collect your health data, which are considered special categories of data under GDPR. For example, you may provide us with details of a disability so that we can arrange for appropriate access within your booking location. The personal data that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide it.
- Personal data that we collect automatically
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information, for example, data we collect for fraud prevention. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our website, where they come from, and what content on our website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our website to our visitors.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal data about you from third party sources (including Experian, Facebook, Google and Mosaic), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties include profiling, address and interests data and we use the information we receive from these third parties to personalise our services, maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you.
Use of your personal data
We will use personal data for a number of purposes, including:
- Servicing your account and bookings
- completing travel bookings (this includes sharing your booking information with other parties to fulfill your booking).
- advising you of any changes to or problems with a hotel booking.
- to help us administer accounts, services and products which we offer.
- to help detect fraud.
- to send you marketing communications.
- to advise you of information about our services and products or offers from our hotels.
- to inform you if you have won any competition or prize giveaway.
- The Internet
If you communicate with us via the internet then we may occasionally use email to contact you about our services and products. When you first provide personal information to our website or app, we will normally give you the opportunity to indicate whether you would prefer us not to contact you in this way. However, you can always send us an email at any time to change your preferences.
- Investor communications
If you are an investor in Luxurily.Travel we will email you with company updates, investor notices and other information relating to your investment. Opting-out of marketing communications will not prevent you from receiving these communications. These communications are part of our business as usual approach. They form part of our agreement with you as an investor and are not considered marketing communications.
Your data protection rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct or update of your personal data, you can do so at any time by visiting your profile or writing to us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Policy under ‘contact us’ .
- You can delete your personal data by request its removal.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this page.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you or you can unsubscribe or amend your preferences.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our website or processing payments – our payments processor is Stripe), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Policy or notified to you when we collect your personal data.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Policy;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal data (EEA visitors only)
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only (i) where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you or may otherwise need the personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal data).
If we collect and use your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Protection of your personal data
We maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect personal data. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal data and includes following certain procedures in order to ensure compliance with the GDPR: the use of encryption, password compliance, firewall and penetration testing, breach handling, employee training and security, and much more.
International data transfers
Your personal data may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our website servers are located in Europe and our group affiliate is located in the USA. We also use third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal data we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Policy.
We retain personal data we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested, administer your Luxurily.Travel or LT membership, or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you would like any more information, or if you’d like to contact us about this Policy then please write us:
We may amend this Policy from time to time, in which case the amended version will be published on our website. This Policy applies to personal information held about individuals. It does not apply to information we hold about companies and other organisations. You can see when this Policy was last updated by checking the “last updated” date.
This website and our app may contain links to other websites. Such links are provided solely for your convenience. Luxurily.Travel Ltd is not responsible for the security practices of such websites.